Roll call on red carpet for Causeway Coast & Glens Businesses
Causeway Chamber of Commerce and Industry officially launched Causeway Coast & Glens Business Awards in partnership with Willis Insurance and Risk Management on Friday 29th May at The Lodge Hotel.
The awards will be demonstrating the very best of business from across the region, highlighting the positive contribution that businesses make to the economy and to society as a whole.
Ian Donaghey MBE President of Causeway Chamber said:
“I am especially pleased to be working in partnership with Ballycastle, Ballymoney and Roevalley Chambers of Commerce to bring the business awards to all business in the new Causeway Coast & Glens Borough Council area. The Chamber Awards recognise and celebrate the contribution of businesses to their local community and the wider economy. Within our Borough we have dynamic companies that are making a positive contribution to their local communities and finding new markets for their products and services at home and further afield. Our awards acknowledge the relentless efforts of these businesses and their talented employees.”
Companies can enter into eighteen categories, covering business growth, new business, people development, customer service, innovation and life time achievement.
The full list of categories this year is:
· Tourism Business of the Year Award sponsored by TOURISM IRELAND
· Training & Development Awardsponsored by Provost’s Office of ULSTER UNIVERSITY
· Innovation Award sponsored by INVEST NORTHRN IRELAND
· Independent Retailer of the Year Award sponsored by AUTOLINE INSURANCE GROUP
· Multiple Retailer of the Year Award sponsored by FIRST TRUST BANK
· Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility Award sponsored by RIADA RESOURCING
· Small Business of the Year Award sponsored by BANK OF IRELAND
· Green Business Award sponsored by firmus energy
· Best Marketing Campaign Award sponsored by The Department of Business and Enterprise of ULSTER UNIVERSITY BUSINESS SCHOOL
· Social Enterprise of the Year Award sponsored by DIAMOND RECRUITMENT GROUP
· AgriBusiness of the Year Award sponsored by ATG GROUP LTD
· Best Start up Business Award sponsored by CAUSEWAY ENTERPRISE AGENCY
· Business Growth Award sponsored by DANSKE BANK
· Best New Product / Service of the Year Award sponsored by SJC HUTCHINSON ENGINEERING LTD
· Lifetime Achievement Awardsponsored by CAUSEWAY COAST AND GLENS BOROUGH COUNCIL
· Business Person of the Year Award sponsored by ULSTER BANK
· Best Young Person in Business Award sponsored by ARMSTRONG MEDICAL
· Good Food Award sponsored by KENNY’S GROUP
Business Development Consultant Ryan Magee from Willis Insurance and Risk Management commented,
“The decision to open an office in Coleraine last year was driven by two things- Firstly, we believe our extended range of services can be articulated better face to face especially in an industry where trust is integral to the customer relationship. Secondly, despite the march of technology and the age of virtual offices, putting down roots and investing in a community is still the best way of demonstrating commitment. We are the only Insurance & Risk Management firm in NI which offers a full range of HR, Employment Law and Health & Safety advice along with specialist Accident Investigation Services and Wealth Management all under the one roof. That is how we intend to differentiate ourselves in the Causeway region going forward and it is for that reason we are proud to sponsor the Causeway and Glens Business Awards 2015."
The closing date for entries is Friday 3rd July with entrants being assessed and the finalists announced in August 2015. The Business Awards Finale will take place on Friday 9th October in the Lodge Hotel, Coleraine. This is now a major event in the Borough’s social calendar, so put that date in your diary now. The Chamber promises an excellent evening so come along, network and most importantly help us celebrate and reward all that is THE best in business in our Borough.
To view the award categories, please visit www.causewaycoastandglensbusinessawards.com or for further information you can contact Annette Deighan, Operations Manager at Causeway Chamber on 028 7034 3111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.